Meeting of the Four Corners Rifle and Pistol Club 2/22/22
Meeting brought to order by President Mike Upchurch 6:30 with the pledge of allegiance
23 members present who introduced themselves
Club secretary Jenn Reynolds read January minutes which were motioned and passed
Treasurer Anita Mayhew presented the treasurer’s report – Ending Balance 83,889.82 – motioned and passed
- Asked about events money and property tax from the city.
- Audit – there had not been an audit – 5 ppl, and 3 non-members.
- Anita and Kristine – Club members
- Gayel, Kaitlyn, Autumn – non-club members
- All have audit experience
- The audit went well with a few suggestions to make it better.
- Gayel explained the audit process and passed around the audit
- Stripe transactions – treasurer needs to have a record of online payments in files
- Events – new events spreadsheet for those who run events who take money to return to the treasurer with monies gathered
- Generic invoices – new generic invoices for those seeking reimbursement from the club
Introduced Andrew Herrmann as a newly approved trainer by the club. Can teach:
- Basic new shooter safety
- basic pistol
- basic rifle
- fighting rifle and fighting pistol
- minuteman class
Outdoor Range Information:
- Chuck – through the grapevine – everything is in good shape
- Roger Lawrence – We are preparing for the future grant process, too late for ’22. Start applying now for future grants so get requests in.
- Norm Bowie is meeting with the Kiwanis Club meeting for more grant funding.
Gun Show – Gayel
- 52 tables sold – need to sell 18 more to pay for fairgrounds. Have sold up to 165 previously
- Banner – CREA – don’t do 2 events. Only 1 event per organization. When you put in an application with the city – can only go up for 2 weeks. Maybe use gun show money to pay for the banner instead of using CREA money.
- A vendor wants to bring in a bunch of ammo, and wants to make sure current laws are good to go.
- Problem vendor – getting ready to contact about not being invited to this year’s gun show due to prior violations of gun show rules. Wants the club to be prepared for potential backlash.
- Answer questions about background check issues from previous years.
- Talked about the new changes for new members.
- Friday VIP hours and cost
- Sunday is used for vendors to pack up instead of being open for the public.
Annual Election of Officers:
- President – Mike Upchurch
- VP – Curtis Nelson / Shawn Saunders / Larry Percel (declined)
- Secretary – Jennifer Reynolds
- Treasurer – Anita Mayhew
- Indoor – Charles Thompson
- Outdoor – Chuck Wark
- Shooters – Norm Bowie
- Director –
- Ron Serabia
- Roger Lawrence
- Philip Hermsmeyer
- All but VP were elected by acclamation
- VP – Curtis Nelson won
Women at the Range:
- Already have 9 signed up for the June event.
- New round of monthly shoots starting in March
Member reminded everyone that voter precincts have changed and to make note of the new locations for voting
The new outdoor sign is ready to go out – work party to change the sign
- A suggestion was made that we should move the sign closer to the fence to make it more visible from the road.
Make a motion to adjourn in memory of Mike Marston – passed. Adjourned 7:42