Meeting of the Four Corners Rifle and Pistol Club 7/26/22
Meeting brought to order by President Mike Upchurch at 6:29 with the pledge of allegiance.
17 Members present
Introduce new members – Fletcher Flieder
Club secretary Jenn Reynolds read June minutes – motioned and passed
Treasurer Anita Mayhew presented the treasurers report – Ending Balance: $100,778.91 – motioned and passed
Norm – got ½ NRA grant rounds – 5k – Currently has 20k rounds.
Outdoor range closed Wed 7/27/22 for archeology survey.
- Got access permit and has own liability insurance
- Survey the land
- Call to have people come out and hand around the range while they were there.
Jr. Shooters will start up end of October / beginning of November.
- Mike is going to check with benchrest person to see if they might have 5k ammo
- Start 2 weeks early, and end 2 weeks longer.
- 2 10 weeks leagues
- Going into October crackshot
- Would like to order hats
Grant for heaters
- Got grant application into NRA
- All online – had to upload documents
- Put Roger down as contact for grant.
- Asked for Indoor Range Heaters
- 3480 for a matching grant.
- NRA reimbursement with the invoice.
- Will check on TAT for grant information.
Gayel – Gunshow
- The newspaper contacted about hunters guide
- Do we want to put in hunter sight in information
- $270 for 4.5 x 4.5
- Mic mentioned it is good public will
- Roger motioned – seconded – passed
Luann’s sign @ BBQ
- Contacted reflections in metal
- 1 ft tall – 14 foot long. Major Luann Meyer memorial Pistol Club
- Add MCSP to sign?
- $1000 – willing to donate $500 – Give him thank you for the donation
- Inviting Luann’s family to BBQ
- Would it be possible to have Sheriff’s posse shoot first rounds?
- Update packets – Log book in Zircon to keep track of how often we’re replacing wooden target frames
- Thank Mike for cleaning all 7 firearms for WATR
- Luann sign – can pay through event account?
- Free advertising for a year for reflections in metal
- Outdoor range –
- People are leaving shotgun shells on ground.
- Mic – reminder to empty trash cans and pick up trash if needed.
- Bids or estimates for outside the Indoor Range
- Will check with Charles Thompson
- Moving to 2 orientations a month.
Adjourned @ 7:21