Meeting of the Four Corners Rifle and Pistol Club 6/28/22
Meeting was brought to order by President Mike Upchurch at 6:29 with the pledge of allegiance.
14 Members present
Club secretary Jenn Reynolds read May minutes – motioned and passed
Treasurer Anita Mayhew presented the treasurers report – Ending Balance: $99,704.25 – motioned and passed
Outdoor Range Events – Anita – WATR 23 showed up. Comments – Clarification on timeline for targets “dragging”. Looking at eliminating plain targets. Profit of $145
- 5k rounds of ammo from NRA – $475 towards t-shirts.
- Some rifle failures
- 2 bolt action rifles from NRA foundation for backups if needed.
Charles – Indoor Range
- Calendar is current
- Can give Andrew keys? Norm needs to make keys and will get an extra made for Andrew.
- Swamp cooler works now – Norm fixed. Need to turn water on in ladies’ room in order for swamp cooler to work.
Norm – 15k rounds of ammo for Jr. Shooters.
- Need 25K to make the season. Has not received 10k rounds from NRA grant yet.
Gayel – do we want KP pawn at next month’s meeting.
- Yes – schedule for July meeting.
- Signs advertising – $300/yr to advertise the gun show. An inexpensive way to advertise year-round – motioned and passed.
- CREA didn’t hit a lot of relevant radio stations with their gun show advertising.
- Sales tax – certain percentage of sales tax goes to CREA to help advertise retail stores in Cortez.
Outdoor Range – Ron Serabia
- wooden target frames are shot up
- log form to start tracking data about how often frames are replaced.
- being disrespectful
- household trash in trashcan
- Motion to approve Andrew and Brandi as instructors
- Tyson Cox – CCW – Lucky Irish Tactical – will need to do the paperwork for CCW, not for internal police/sheriff business
Anita – Luann memorial sign – do we have a budget. Will talk to Reflections in Metal to get a price.
Gate problems – temp zip drive. – Jenn will research extreme temp zip drives for purchase.
New member – Dean moved from Virginia.
German Family – wanted to check out the range.
- Philip Hermsmeyer offered to take them to the range
- Officer at club in Hamburg Germany.
Rocky Mountain Gun Owners Association
- Questions about what they do and who they are.
Rob Serabia (helping Chuck) August – Annual Picnic – Replace tables at the outdoor range??
- Need to finish spraying weeds at the pistol range and 3 gun range.
- Gayel mentioned spending event money on new tables.
Move to adjourn at 7:46