Range Safety Rules
- Treat every weapon as if it were loaded
- Never point a weapon at anything you do not intend to destroy
- Keep your finger straight and off the trigger until you are ready to fire
- Keep the weapon on safe until you intend to fire
- All Federal State, and Local firearm laws must be obeyed
- Safety is of paramount importance to everyone on the range and it is our top priority
- All personnel utilizing the range complex for recreational firing will adhere to the safe storage, handling, and use of firearms and ammunition. All firearms not on the firing line will be unloaded and racked with actions opened and magazines removed
1. All junior members and shooters under eighteen years of age will shoot/fire under the supervision of a qualified adult.
2. Fully automatic weapons fire, and Tracer and/or AP ammunition is prohibited unless a training event or demonstration is scheduled with the Outdoor Range Officer prior to the event.
3. Firearms will be uncased and cased at the firing line only with the actions open/safe, muzzle pointed downrange and in a safe direction at all times. Weapons that are carried to the range UN-cased will have their actions opened and/or flagged, unloaded magazines, and with the weapon’s safety placed on safe.
4. IF A “CEASE FIRE” IS CALLED FOR ANY REASON – Stop Shooting IMMEDIATELY and remove your finger from the trigger. Depending on the reason for the cease fire, all firearms shall then be unloaded, magazines removed, actions open, and/or chamber flags placed into the open action and pointed in a safe direction downrange if it is not feasible to physically rack the firearm.
5. Shooters are not permitted forward of the red line or to handle their firearms, scopes, or anything on the bench while a cease-fire is in force and people are downrange.
6. Any person not complying with the above safety rules or who becomes disruptive will be removed from the range and will be banned from the use of the range until the matter is brought before the Club Executive Committee for adjudication.
Members are totally responsible for the conduct and actions of their guests. Members will ensure that their guests comply with these and all other Club rules while at the range.
9. ABOVE ALL – PLEASE BE COURTEOUS – WE ARE ALL RESPONSIBLE FOR EACH OTHER’S SAFETY – ALL WEAPONS MUST BE MADE SAFE PRIOR TO GOING DOWNRANGE BY OPENING AND/OR FLAGGING ACTIONS, REMOVING THE BOLT, OR RACKING THE FIREARM IF FEASIBLE. REMEMBER – EVERYONE AROUND YOU HAS A LOADED WEAPON – USE COMMON SENSE AND ESPECIALLY COMMON COURTESY AT ALL TIMES.
Personal Protective Equipment
Hearing and Eye protection will be worn at all times by all personnel on the firing line and in the immediate area of a shooter.