Meeting of the Four Corners Rifle and Pistol Club 11/30/2021
The meeting was brought to order by President Mike Upchurch at 6:29 pm with the pledge of allegiance
Secretary Jenn Reynolds read the October meeting minutes – Minutes motioned and passed
Treasurer Anita Mayhew presented Treasurer’s Report – Ending balance 85,979.85 – motioned and passed
Audit – approach CPA about an audit of the books – cost is about $5k.
- CPA suggested setting up a committee to review books once or twice a year.
- Suggested Gayel and Kristine.
- Mic agrees that we should discuss and that’s good business practices.
- Anita volunteered to set up the process.
- Gayel suggested 3 or 5 members of the committee because you want an odd number. Jim Kingery suggested getting a person outside of the club. Gayel knows a former bank president that might be a possibility (daughter).
- So many people have congratulated
- Run down of gate process
- Nominations committee
- Call for nominations for the executive committee
Ron Serabia – Hunter Sight In
- See the handout from Ron
- Suggested adding new spotting scopes
- Suggested replacing outdoor range sign
- Question – Jim. Supports
- Blocks and 3 sandbags per bench
- Gayel suggested using gun show money
- Mic Moves to look into the sign and spotting club and spend the money to improve both.
- Motioned and passed
- CREA handles banners across main street –
- Missed application for CREA to pay for banner – might have to pay for it ourselves.
- Half a dozen members complained about the cost
Grant funding projects
- New roof
- Re-do bathrooms to have hot water in both bathrooms?
- Retractable targets
- The roof and AC have been done. The fan in the heater has been fixed.
- Friday will now open at 4-5 VIP $20 walkthrough. First 100 only.
- 5-9 open to the public
- Saturday 9-8
- Sunday morning @ 8:00 am pack up and go home.
- Aztec Lions club – gun show this coming weekend. (first weekend of Dec 2021)
- Sent application to CREA for advertising – more advertising for VIP extra hours.
- Orange hunter hat and swag bags (red white and blue)
- Goes through Brand Central
Need to move to Wed and Thur for Christmas and NY – Jr. Shooter practice.
- Members can come watch practice
- Ron at RDF took another $100 off the raffle rifle
Jim Kingery – Hunter Sight in.
- Thanks, Ron Serabia for taking it over!!
Reminder that there is no December Meeting