Meeting of the Four Corners Rifle and Pistol Club 10/26/2021
Meeting was brought to order by President Mike Upchurch at 6:35 pm with the pledge of allegiance
There were 11 members present
Secretary Jenn Reynolds read the September meeting minutes – Minutes motioned and passed
~Backup Signatory (4th signature) revisit. Ask Jim Kingery to be emergency backup. Alternative would be to have 1 person pre-sign a few checks. Going to try pre-sign checks before going through the process of possibly changing the by-laws.
Treasurer’s Report – See handout – Ending balance is $87,350.39 – Motioned and Passed
- A question about raffle license – must spend money on Jr. Shooters or Women’s programs within a year of the raffle.
- Question on the main account balance. Only report the top 2 expenses and income.
Jr. Shooter – Tim on Thursday, Kelly Belt on Friday. Getting ready to start. 17 returning kids, 3 new kids.
- Safety class on Saturday. Starting on the 5th of November (new shooters). The 4th and 5th are the first nights, through the first part of May.
- Depends on Grand Junction – borrows range time from DOW. Will have 20 kids – 15 kids on the waiting list.
- Raffle rifle for next raffle – browning tbolt target rifle mahogany stock, scope – $922.95 – will do transfer and fees for free (RDF). *Motioned and passed.
- Rotory, Kiwanas and Elks want to help out program. Up to the club if we want to do that. Discussion of any downsides – can’t think of any and none have been presented. Motioned and passed.
- Question about training to take over for Norm eventually.
- Level 1 Rifle
- Grant through the NRA – Friends of the NRA – 22k rounds of .22., Jr. Rifle, Spotting scopes, targets. Waiting to hear if we get the grant.
- Requested 2 More shooting mats – apx $300 total. 2 offhand shooting stands – apx $300. Total of $600 for all 4 items. Kids are committed to the program. Motioned and passed.
- Kennedy custom cabinet – building storage units on wheels. Bought a toolbox for gun cleaning. Next meeting – should be able to show members the new organization.
New Outdoor Range Key
- Rodney Cox volunteers to dig out dirt to give more of leeway for snow. Clearance is apx 4 inches. Larry – gravel. ¾ gravel screened.
- Donate keys so we don’t need to buy any.
Hunter Site in
- 38 shooters. $10/riffle. Ron Serabia ran it. 9-4 volunteers.
- Grant situation – Most grants require a list of projects and how much they cost. Need to come up with a shopping list and prioritize them.
- Pistol league – automatic target retrieval system. Pave the road coming in. Paint the building, look at the roof, Internet at the outdoor range, cameras
- Request for project funding requests
- NRA grants have different categories.
- National Shooting Sports Foundation has tons of grants and lots of money to give.
- Colorado Shooters Assoc might have ideas or grants.
Benchrest .22 Ammo
- 5-9 members shoot the competition. Once a month from May through September.
- Email from Gary Kyle requesting ammo. The entrance fee would be increased to $15.
- Larry thinks that it will level the playing field.
- Joe read Mic’s email – discussed the ammo + gun issue.
- Alternative solutions??
- Asking for money to try to get a case of ammo. Will reimburse the club over time.
- Motioned, seconded, passed.
3rd quarter rifle report has been filed with the state.
Revisit looking for land
Adjourn @ 7:51