Meeting of the Four Corners Rifle and Pistol Club 9/28/2021
Meeting brought to order by President Mike Upchurch @ 6:33 with the pledge of allegiance
There were 18 members present
Secretary Jenn Reynolds read the July Minutes – motioned and passed
Treasurer Anita Mayhew presented the treasurer’s report for August motioned and passed. Motioned and passed. The ending balance for the Month of August was $87,131.91
September which was motioned and passed. The ending balance for the Month of September was $87,683.77
Chuck Wark – Combo Lock on the Walk-Through Gate? Not everyone loves the idea of the combination lock. Motion that we use a key lock (re-key existing lock to use the same key as 500 yd range) Motioned and passed. Plink off brought in $170
- Baldwin / BIA range use proposal. See handout.
- Can they use another range that is owned by SO or PD?
- Mic – a problem as a club – will the state attempt to remove us.
- Mancos Marshall has its own range
- Park Service might be using our range still
- State Patrol might be using our range still
Talk about the State Land Trust –
- Latest phone call with Alamosa – Money-making business – 1803 Thomas Jefferson Land Trust – BEST Program. Solar and wind are more than likely not a threat.
Return to BIA
- Jim Kingery proposes – to send them to SO and will come back if SO won’t let them use. Motioned and Passed
- Mowed Weed
- Winterize evaporate cooler
- Fix fan in the heater
- Fix igniter
- Re-check patch on the roof to make sure it is still good
Look at purchasing Cortez Trap Club – will get a handout from Anita
- A member from Florida won’t give an answer.
- Does not have a natural backstop,
- Subdivision on Northside might complain about the noise
Look at purchasing Wild Wild Rest – will get a handout from Anita
Rimfire / Centerfire Bench Rest
- Buy bulk ammo to sell to shooters – has the same ammo across the board.
- Need FFL to sell ammo – combine cost with match fees
Need another signer for checks
Need a backup for the secretary
Memberships will be good for the full calendar year
Pistol League fees – First Week of November $25 / $40
Springfield XD 9mm – Cartridge was blown out at the base – Call Springfield. Ammo problem – Winchester Recall – 9mm after 3/25 – Undercharge. Possible for overcharge as well.