Meeting of the Four Corners Rifle and Pistol Club 9/27/22
Meeting was brought to order by President Mike Upchurch at 6:27 with the pledge of allegiance.
21 Members present:
Introduce new members – Lance Martini; Robert Mansell
Roger Lawrence (out of order – going to city council): Got NRA grant of 3,480 to replace heaters.
- Indoor pistol league – 2 weeks at the beginning and at the end
- Practice: Oct 26 3-6, Oct 29, 9-11
- Qualify Nov 2
- Start 11/9
- $2 targets
- Hats – $420.22 for 24 hats. Motioned and passed.
- Sat 10/8 to replace cardboard @ 9:00am till done
Club secretary Jenn Reynolds read July minutes – motioned and passed
- Anita added Reflections in Metal wants an ad on the website – and donated $500.
Treasurer Anita Mayhew presented the treasurer’s report – Ending Balance for August: $99,123.33 – motioned and passed. Ending Balance for September: $98,391.34 – motioned and passed.
Charles Thompson – Painting the outside of the building.
- Need pressure washing and scraped.
- Paint a couple of days later.
- October 5th for the first day. @ 9:00
- October 8th at 9:00 am till done painting
- 3rd or 10th of November for the start of Jr Shooter
- Plenty of ammunition
- Finalize NRA grant (old) and start to look at new
- 25k rounds (what it takes to get through the season)
- Need $500 approved to buy sites for new rifle motioned and passed.
- District Wildlife Manager for SW Colorado
- 2 days a year in August. Shoot for training and shooting
- Motioned and passed
Ron Serabia – Hunter Sight In
- See flyer for dates
- Passed around sheet for volunteers
- 3 spotting scopes – new.
- Mic – Whoever is running the cash box – can ask for donations for Jr. Shooters / Club?
Mike Upchurch – Lead reclamation?
- New lease coming up
- Contacted MT2 for a quote for lead reclamation
- Will share profits 50/50
- Mic suggested Indoor range lead as well.
Gayle – Gun Show.
- Travis with KP Pawn.
- Read prepared speech
- Thank Gayle and Board
- 2nd amendment – quote
- Want to support the club
- Support range and purpose.
- Thank Gayle again – respect where she is coming from
- Restate common goal – 2nd amendment again
- Wants to stay a part of the gun show.
- Curtis reminded about the insurance policy
- Anita reminded that we back Gayle in her decisions about the show
- Norm – gun show is fragile because of insurance. Can’t jeopardize the gun show.
- Mike – Insurance.
- Not only on the gun show, but on the club as well.
- Appreciate Travis coming to talk to the club.
- Ask Gayle about next steps.
- Tom and her had a conversation
- Explain the difference between a business owner and gun show runner – regulations and state statutes.
- CBI is heavily involved in the process.
- Other gun shows are losing insurance while we’ve been able to keep it.
- Re-doing application and information packets about why we need to be strict about rules.
- Reminded about FFL requirements for the gun show.
- Reminded about infringements in the past.
- Was discussed stopping gun show – then Gayle came on board and increased attendance.
- Reminded that this has been an ongoing issue.
- Thanked for coming tonight.
- Read prepared speech
Short barreled rifle
- Pistols with wrist brace info – and change in regulations with being recategorized as a short-barreled rifle.
Adjourned 7:35 pm